Catharina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Catherine:
English cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, which is derived from katharos (pure, unsullied). Catherine has remained a perennially popular name and has been borne by many saints and members of European nobility. Var: Catharine, Cathryn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Catharina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Catharina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Catharina
- Comments and insights on the name Catharina
Form of Catherine used in Dutch and Swedish. Pronounced kah-tah-REE-nah.
- Personal experiences with the name Catharina
- Nicknames for Catharina
- Meanings and history of the name Catharina
- Famous real-life people named Catharina
- Catharina in song, story & screen