Catherina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Catherine:
English cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, which is derived from katharos (pure, unsullied). Catherine has remained a perennially popular name and has been borne by many saints and members of European nobility. Var: Catharine, Cathryn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Catherina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Catherina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Catherina
- Comments and insights on the name Catherina
- Personal experiences with the name Catherina
Catherina is a beautiful name.
- Nicknames for Catherina
- Meanings and history of the name Catherina
- Famous real-life people named Catherina
- Catherina in song, story & screen