Catrine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katherine:
Cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Catrine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Catrine
- Comments and insights on the name Catrine
Swedish variant of Katrine, the Danish and Norwegian form of Katherine.
- Personal experiences with the name Catrine
- Nicknames for Catrine
- Meanings and history of the name Catrine
Pronounced: kah-TREE-nuh or kah-TREEN
- Famous real-life people named Catrine
- Catrine in song, story & screen