Cayla Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kayla:
Transferred use of the Anglicized Irish surname, which is from the Gaelic Mac Caollaidhe (son of Caollaidhe) and O'Caollaidhe (descendant of Caollaidhe). The name is derived from caol (slender).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cayla? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cayla
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cayla
- Comments and insights on the name Cayla
- Personal experiences with the name Cayla
- Nicknames for Cayla
- Meanings and history of the name Cayla
- Famous real-life people named Cayla
- Cayla in song, story & screen