Caylyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Caitlin:
Borrowed from the Irish, Caitlin is a variant of CaitrÍona, the Gaelic form of Catherine (pure, unsullied). Var: Caitlyn, Catelin, Catelyn, Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, Katelin, Katelyn, Katelynn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Caylyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Caylyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caylyn
- Comments and insights on the name Caylyn
Caylyn is a girls' name. The meaning of Caylyn is "pure". Caylyn is an alternate form of Caitlin (Old French, Greek).
STARTS/ENDS WITH Ca-, -lyn
ASSOCIATED WITH pure (virgin)
- Personal experiences with the name Caylyn
Caylyn is very feminine and soft
- Nicknames for Caylyn
- Meanings and history of the name Caylyn
Old French, Greek
- Famous real-life people named Caylyn
- Caylyn in song, story & screen