Ceara Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ciara:
Irish name derived from ciar (black): hence, "black-haired one." In the U.S., Ciara is pronounced phonetically, rather than with its Gaelic pronunciation of keer-ah.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ceara? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ceara
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ceara
- Comments and insights on the name Ceara
- Personal experiences with the name Ceara
- Nicknames for Ceara
- Meanings and history of the name Ceara
Of ancient Irish Gaelic origin meaning "fiery red" and properly pronounced in Gaelic as KYAR-a or Keer-ah. May also be known by the modern mispronunciation of Sea-air-ah.
- Famous real-life people named Ceara
- Ceara in song, story & screen