Chanin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shannon:
Anglicized form of the Irish Seanán, which is a diminutive of sean (old, wise). Alternatively, Shannon can be a borrowing of the name of the longest river in Ireland. It is believed to be derived from the Gaelic sean (old) and abhann (river).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Chanin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Chanin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Chanin
- Comments and insights on the name Chanin
My father's name is Charles so my mother named my sister, brother and I all with names starting in "Cha".
- Personal experiences with the name Chanin
I have to spell it out EVERYTIME :)
- Nicknames for Chanin
- Meanings and history of the name Chanin
- Famous real-life people named Chanin
- Chanin in song, story & screen