Channah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hannah:
Derived from the Hebrew hannāh, chaanach (gracious, full of grace, mercy). The name, borne in the Bible by the mother of the prophet Samuel, received a boost in popularity by the Puritans, who favored Bible names.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Channah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Channah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Channah
- Comments and insights on the name Channah
Descended from the Hebrew name Hanna (חנה).
- Personal experiences with the name Channah
- Nicknames for Channah
Channy, Chanke, Hannah, Hanny, Nanna.
- Meanings and history of the name Channah
The meaning of the name is 'Grace', 'God has favored me'.
- Famous real-life people named Channah
- Channah in song, story & screen