Chara Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cara:
Derived from the Latin cara (beloved) or from the Irish Gaelic cara (friend). Alternatively, Cara is used as a short form of Caroline and Charlotte.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Chara? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Chara
Contribute your knowledge to the name Chara
- Comments and insights on the name Chara
- Personal experiences with the name Chara
- Nicknames for Chara
- Meanings and history of the name Chara
Joy EDIT: free
- Famous real-life people named Chara
Zdeno Chara, hockey player for the Boston Bruins
- Chara in song, story & screen
Chara, like the character from Undertale, by Toby Fox.