Charlayne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Charlene:
A 20th century coinage used as a feminine form of Charles (full-grown, a man, a freeman): hence, "a woman." Var: Charlayne, Cherlene, Cherline, Sharlayne, Sharleen, Sharlene. Pet: Charli, Charlie.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Charlayne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Charlayne
- Comments and insights on the name Charlayne
- Personal experiences with the name Charlayne
- Nicknames for Charlayne
- Meanings and history of the name Charlayne
Variant of Charlene, influenced by Charmaine and Lorraine.
- Famous real-life people named Charlayne
Charlayne Woodard, American actress and playwright.
Charlayne Hunter-Gault, American journalist.
- Charlayne in song, story & screen