Chaya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Chaya:
Hebrew name meaning "life." The name, Anglicized as Eve, is borne in the Bible by the first woman created by God, the "mother of all the living." Eve was the mother of three sons: Cain, Abel, and Seth.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Chaya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Chaya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Chaya
- Comments and insights on the name Chaya
- Personal experiences with the name Chaya
- Nicknames for Chaya
Chy (pronounced like Ky or Kai), Chayka (Khaykah)/Chayke (Khaykeh).
- Meanings and history of the name Chaya
Female form of "Chaim". Means life in Hebrew.
- Famous real-life people named Chaya
- Chaya in song, story & screen