Chelly Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shelley:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old English Scealfleáh. The name is composed of the elements scelf (a shelf, a ledge) and lēah (wood, clearing, meadow): hence, “dweller on the clearing near the ledge.”
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Chelly? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Chelly
Contribute your knowledge to the name Chelly
- Comments and insights on the name Chelly
A variant spelling of Shelley
- Personal experiences with the name Chelly
- Nicknames for Chelly
- Meanings and history of the name Chelly
- Famous real-life people named Chelly
- Chelly in song, story & screen