Chica Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Francisca:
Feminine form of Francisco, which is derived from the Middle Latin Franciscus (a Frenchman), which is from Francus (a Frank, a freeman), the root of which is the Old French franc (free).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Chica? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Chica
Contribute your knowledge to the name Chica
- Comments and insights on the name Chica
Portuguese pet form of Francisca. Pronounced SHEE-ka.
- Personal experiences with the name Chica
- Nicknames for Chica
- Meanings and history of the name Chica
- Famous real-life people named Chica
- Chica in song, story & screen
Carla Gugino as Chica Barnfell, a stern girl who's generally left alone by her jet-setting parents in Troop Beverly Hills