Céilidh Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Céilidh? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Céilidh
Contribute your knowledge to the name Céilidh
- Comments and insights on the name Céilidh
- Personal experiences with the name Céilidh
I have always loved my name Ceilidh because it is so cool and unusual. However, very few people can pronounce it at first- some won't even try!
- Nicknames for Céilidh
- Meanings and history of the name Céilidh
"A céilidh (Irish pronunciation: /ˈceːlʲiː/, English pronunciation kā'lē) (in modern usage) is a traditional Gaelic social dance originating in Ireland and Scotland, but now common throughout the Celtic diaspora. Other spellings encountered are ceilidh, céilí (Irish reformed spelling) and cèilidh (Scottish Gaelic reformed spelling)" (from wikipedia).
- Famous real-life people named Céilidh
- Céilidh in song, story & screen