Cinthia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cynthia:
Popular name derived from the Latin and Greek Kynthia, a name for Artemus, the mythological goddess of the moon and hunting and twin sister of Apollo. The name has its root in Kynthios (from Kynthos, a mountain on the island of Delos).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cinthia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cinthia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cinthia
- Comments and insights on the name Cinthia
- Personal experiences with the name Cinthia
- Nicknames for Cinthia
"Ci" in Italy :)
- Meanings and history of the name Cinthia
Its a traditional greek name. Cynthia was another name for the Goddess of the Moon.
- Famous real-life people named Cinthia
- Cinthia in song, story & screen