Clarita Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Claire:
Derived from the Latin clārus (bright, clear, famous). Clare is a common name throughout Europe and the British Isles, its popularity once due in part to the fame of St. Clare of Assisi (c. 1193 - 1253). The Italian nun who founded the order of the Poor Clares.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Clarita? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Clarita
Contribute your knowledge to the name Clarita
- Comments and insights on the name Clarita
- Personal experiences with the name Clarita
I saw this name in the newspaper. Santa Clarita is also a city in California.
- Nicknames for Clarita
- Meanings and history of the name Clarita
Spanish diminutive of Clara ("clear, bright")
- Famous real-life people named Clarita
- Clarita in song, story & screen