Cyrilla Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cyrilla? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cyrilla
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cyrilla
- Comments and insights on the name Cyrilla
French version is Cyrielle - though pretty, in English this sounds a lot like “Cereal”
- Personal experiences with the name Cyrilla
- Nicknames for Cyrilla
- Meanings and history of the name Cyrilla
This is the English, female version of the male name Cyril. It comes from the Greek “Kyrios,” which means “lord.”
- Famous real-life people named Cyrilla
There are a few famous saints named Cyril: St. Cyril of Jerusalem (a Doctor of the Church), St. Cyril of Alexandria, and St. Cyril (the 9th century Greek missionary to Eastern Europe and linguist who invented the Cyrillic alphabet, still used in a some Slavic countries).
- Cyrilla in song, story & screen