Dafni Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Daphne:
Derived from the Greek daphne (a laurel or bay tree). The name is borne in Greek mythology by a nymph, the daughter of the river-god Peneus. She escaped from the attentions of Apollo by being transformed into a laurel tree.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dafni? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dafni
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dafni
- Comments and insights on the name Dafni
variant of Daphne used in Greek and Turkish
- Personal experiences with the name Dafni
- Nicknames for Dafni
- Meanings and history of the name Dafni
- Famous real-life people named Dafni
singer/songwriter Dafni, originally from Greece
- Dafni in song, story & screen