Dallis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dallas:
Borrowed from the name of a Texas city named for U.S. Vice President G.M. Dallas (1792-1864). The surname, of Scottish origin meaning “belonging to Dallas, from Dallas,” is derived from the Gaelic elements dail (a field) and eas (a waterfall): hence, “the waterfall field.” Var: Dalas.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dallis? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dallis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dallis
- Comments and insights on the name Dallis
- Personal experiences with the name Dallis
- Nicknames for Dallis
- Meanings and history of the name Dallis
Feminine version of Dallas.
- Famous real-life people named Dallis
- Dallis in song, story & screen