Danalyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dana:
Transferred use of the surname which is of uncertain origin. It may have arisen as a feminine form of Dan, a Hebrew name meaning "judge." The name was popularized by Richard Dana (1815 - 1882), author of Two Years Before the Mast.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Danalyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Danalyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Danalyn
- Comments and insights on the name Danalyn
Dana + Lynn = Danalyn
- Personal experiences with the name Danalyn
I named my baby girl this with no middle name. We call her Dandy.
A girl I went to highschool with named her daughter this.
- Nicknames for Danalyn
Dana, Dani, Dandy,
- Meanings and history of the name Danalyn
Dana means "judge" and Lynn means "lake".
- Famous real-life people named Danalyn
- Danalyn in song, story & screen