Danu Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dana:
Transferred use of the surname which is of uncertain origin. It may have arisen as a feminine form of Dan, a Hebrew name meaning "judge." The name was popularized by Richard Dana (1815 - 1882), author of Two Years Before the Mast.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Danu? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Danu
Contribute your knowledge to the name Danu
- Comments and insights on the name Danu
- Personal experiences with the name Danu
- Nicknames for Danu
- Meanings and history of the name Danu
Mother of the gods in Irish mythology, her name means “the flowing one." Many European rivers' including the River Danube were derived from her name.
Hindu river goddess whose name means "rain, river."
- Famous real-life people named Danu
- Danu in song, story & screen