Dayle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dale:
Transferred use of the surname, which is from the Old English dael (dale, hollow, valley). The name originated as en la Dale or de la Dale and was indicative of a person who lived "in the dale."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dayle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dayle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dayle
- Comments and insights on the name Dayle
- Personal experiences with the name Dayle
- Nicknames for Dayle
- Meanings and history of the name Dayle
Means "lives in a valley"
- Famous real-life people named Dayle
- Dayle in song, story & screen