Deanna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Deanna:
Originally a variant form of Diana (divine), the name is often used as a feminine form of Dean (a dean).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Deanna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Deanna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Deanna
- Comments and insights on the name Deanna
- Personal experiences with the name Deanna
- Nicknames for Deanna
Dee, De, Dea, D, Deanna Banana, Dee Dee, DD, Anna, nanner or nana nanabug deedeebug
- Meanings and history of the name Deanna
Derived from Diana, meaning "heavenly, divine"
Derived from Dean, meaning "valley" or "church official"
- Famous real-life people named Deanna
DeAnna Pappas, TV's "The Bachelorette"
Deanna Durbin, a 50's movie star
- Deanna in song, story & screen
Counselor Deanna Troi (Star Trek:Next Generation)