Deliah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Delia:
Short form of Cordelia, Delia is also a feminine form of Delius, which is derived from the Latin delius (from the island of Delos). The name was used as a name for the Greek mythological goddess Artemis, whose supposed birthplace was on the island.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Deliah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Deliah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Deliah
- Comments and insights on the name Deliah
- Personal experiences with the name Deliah
With this spelling I am less inclined to pronounce it DEE-lee-ah, like Delia, and more so de-LIE-ah
- Nicknames for Deliah
- Meanings and history of the name Deliah
- Famous real-life people named Deliah
- Deliah in song, story & screen
character in Star Wars