Delphinium Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Delphine:
From the Latin Delphīna (woman from Delphi).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Delphinium? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Delphinium
Contribute your knowledge to the name Delphinium
- Comments and insights on the name Delphinium
Delphinium, a frilly, girly, uncommon flower name is based on a tall, purpley flower with bell-shaped blooms. It could also be considered a variant of Delphine.
- Personal experiences with the name Delphinium
- Nicknames for Delphinium
Delphi, Delly, Deedee, Phoebe, Fifi, Finny
- Meanings and history of the name Delphinium
Delphinium- a flower name
Delphinium (derived from Delphine) could be considered a french name, meaning 'Woman from Delphi'
- Famous real-life people named Delphinium
- Delphinium in song, story & screen
Delphinium, fourth-oldest sister in 'Enchanted' the novel.