Deva Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Deva? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Deva
Contribute your knowledge to the name Deva
- Comments and insights on the name Deva
From Wikipedia: The Sanskrit deva- derives from Indo-Iranian *dev- which in turn descends from the Proto-Indo-European (PIE) word, *deiwos, originally an adjective meaning "celestial" or "shining", which is a PIE (not synchronic Sanskrit) vrddhi derivative from the root *diw meaning "to shine", especially as the day-lit sky. The feminine form of PIE *deiwos is PIE *deiwih2, which descends into Indic languages as devi, in that context meaning "female deity".
- Personal experiences with the name Deva
- Nicknames for Deva
- Meanings and history of the name Deva
- Famous real-life people named Deva
- Deva in song, story & screen