Devan Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Devan? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Devan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Devan
- Comments and insights on the name Devan
My name is Devan, I'm a nineteen-year-old female and I have grown to love my name. Here are some reasons you should name your daughter Devan:
- Chances are there won't be 3 Devans in her class!
- It's a good Irish name.
- It's pretty!
- It's feminine, yet not too girly.
- This name has a handful of spelling variations, but personally I believe Devan is the best. I tell people it's pronounced just like Evan, but just with a "D".
- Don't go with Dev-o-n. People will say "dev-aughn" all the time!! Devin just looks masculine in my opinion, and Devyn is a little too creative! ;)
- I have met many attractive, smart and kind people with this name. No one I have encountered yet has put this name to shame.
- It means "poet" in gaelic. I've always liked that.
- Rhymes with Heaven. :D
Hope this helps!!
I go by Devan, which is my middle name (my first name--Brittany--is rather unfortunate). I absolutely love my name because it's uncommon but not ridiculous. In fact I've only personally met one other girl named Devan. I only started going by Devan when I went to college, so I can't speak to whether or not a girl name Devan would get made fun of at school. All the same, I've only ever gotten nice comments about my name. Love it.
Hi! My name is Devan as well, and I love my name I feel that the name is gender neutral, so when I am putting in a job application I don't feel judged while for being a woman. I feel that the name is strong-willed and songs like a strong-willed woman.
- Personal experiences with the name Devan
Hello, my name is Deaven and i think my name is the most feminine because it is spelled just like heaven! Even with the same spelling as heaven, people still seem persistant to pronounce it De-vonne. I love my name because it is rare that i come across another Deaven. :)
In my opinion this name is for a boy. A boy who plays A LOT of sports. I know one girl named Devan and she is teased all the time because only boys are named that. Its like....Oh what a beautiful baby girl, what is her name? Her name is Bob. PLEASE name your girl a girl name, save them from feeling like they are a boy. No matter how you spin it, its a boys name. Also, if you think everyone likes it because they say..OH what an unusual name, or wow! how did you come up with that name? or That's very unique. That means they hate it. I have used those exact words when I hear baby name that I don't like. Good luck
- Nicknames for Devan
Dev, Devs, Dee Dee, Dee
- Meanings and history of the name Devan
Means poet in gaelic
- Famous real-life people named Devan
- Devan in song, story & screen