Devora Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Deborah:
Derived from the Hebrew dēvōrah (a bee, a swarm of bees). The name is borne in the Bible by a prophetess and judge who led the Israelites to victory over the Canaanites.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Devora? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Devora
Contribute your knowledge to the name Devora
- Comments and insights on the name Devora
- Personal experiences with the name Devora
- Nicknames for Devora
- Meanings and history of the name Devora
Hebrew variant of Deborah
- Famous real-life people named Devora
- Devora in song, story & screen