Devorah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Deborah:
Derived from the Hebrew dēvōrah (a bee, a swarm of bees). The name is borne in the Bible by a prophetess and judge who led the Israelites to victory over the Canaanites.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Devorah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Devorah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Devorah
- Comments and insights on the name Devorah
The woman I've met pronounces it dev-OR-ah and she is a Hasidic Jew
- Personal experiences with the name Devorah
- Nicknames for Devorah
- Meanings and history of the name Devorah
Devorah is the Hebrew form of Deborah.
- Famous real-life people named Devorah
- Devorah in song, story & screen