Dianella Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Diana:
Derived from the Latin Diviana, which is from divus (divine). The name is borne in Roman mythology by the virgin goddess of the moon and of hunting.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dianella? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dianella
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dianella
- Comments and insights on the name Dianella
Unusual flower name
Diminutive of Diana
- Personal experiences with the name Dianella
- Nicknames for Dianella
- Meanings and history of the name Dianella
Dianella is a genus of flowering plants also known as flax lilies. They are native to Asia and Oceania.
There is also a genus of beetle named Dianella that contains only one species, which is endemic to Taiwan.
- Famous real-life people named Dianella
- Dianella in song, story & screen