Dita Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edith:
Derived from the Old English Ēadgyđ, Eadgyth, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune) and gyđ, gyth (war, strife): hence, "prosperous in war."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dita? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dita
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dita
- Comments and insights on the name Dita
Dita is a nickname for many different names of different origins including Perdita, Edith, Dietlinde, Judita, etc.
- Personal experiences with the name Dita
- Nicknames for Dita
- Meanings and history of the name Dita
- Famous real-life people named Dita
Dita Von Teese - Actress, Dancer, and Model
Dita Parlo, silent film actress
- Dita in song, story & screen