Dolorosa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dolores:
Derived from the Spanish dolores (sorrows, aches). The name, bestowed in honor of the Virgin Mary, "Maria de los Dolores" (Mary of the Sorrows), makes reference to the seven sorrows of Mary in her relationship with her son.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dolorosa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dolorosa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dolorosa
- Comments and insights on the name Dolorosa
Full version of the title of the Blessed Virgin Mary "Mater Dolorosa" or Mother of Sorrows.
- Personal experiences with the name Dolorosa
- Nicknames for Dolorosa
- Meanings and history of the name Dolorosa
- Famous real-life people named Dolorosa
- Dolorosa in song, story & screen