Dorotea Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dorothy:
A borrowing of the Greek Dōrothea, a compound name composed of the elements dōron (gift) and theos (God): hence, "gift of God."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dorotea? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dorotea
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dorotea
- Comments and insights on the name Dorotea
Italian and Spanish version of Dorothy.
Dorotea and Teodora are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Dorotea
- Nicknames for Dorotea
Dora, Dori, Tea
- Meanings and history of the name Dorotea
- Famous real-life people named Dorotea
- Dorotea in song, story & screen