Dorottya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dorothea:
A borrowing of the Greek Dōrothea, a compound name composed of the elements dōron (gift) and theos (God): hence, "gift of God."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dorottya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dorottya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dorottya
- Comments and insights on the name Dorottya
Hungarian form of Dorothea/Dorothy
- Personal experiences with the name Dorottya
- Nicknames for Dorottya
- Meanings and history of the name Dorottya
- Famous real-life people named Dorottya
- Dorottya in song, story & screen