Dorottya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dorothea:
A borrowing of the Greek Dōrothea, a compound name composed of the elements dōron (gift) and theos (God): hence, "gift of God."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Dorottya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dorottya
- Comments and insights on the name Dorottya
Hungarian form of Dorothea/Dorothy
- Personal experiences with the name Dorottya
- Nicknames for Dorottya
- Meanings and history of the name Dorottya
- Famous real-life people named Dorottya
- Dorottya in song, story & screen