Dory Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dorothy:
A borrowing of the Greek Dōrothea, a compound name composed of the elements dōron (gift) and theos (God): hence, "gift of God."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dory? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dory
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dory
- Comments and insights on the name Dory
- Personal experiences with the name Dory
- Nicknames for Dory
- Meanings and history of the name Dory
Hebrew = Queen, nickname for Dorothy
- Famous real-life people named Dory
Dory Previn, American singer-songwriter (born Dorothy Veronica Langan)
- Dory in song, story & screen
Nemo's best friend in Disney film "Nemo"