Edda Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edna:
Derived from the Hebrew 'ēdnāh (rejuvenation, delight). Edna is found in the apocryphal book Tobit, as the name of the mother of Sara and stepmother of Tobias.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Edda? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Edda
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edda
- Comments and insights on the name Edda
- Personal experiences with the name Edda
I know a girl from Kenya with this name. She was named after her maternal grandmother or maybe her father's sister.
- Nicknames for Edda
- Meanings and history of the name Edda
- Famous real-life people named Edda
- Edda in song, story & screen