Edita Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edith:
Derived from the Old English Ēadgyđ, Eadgyth, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune) and gyđ, gyth (war, strife): hence, "prosperous in war."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Edita? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Edita
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edita
- Comments and insights on the name Edita
Spanish variant of Edith
Edita and Taide are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Edita
A Holocaust survivor that my family knew was named Edita. Very strong woman, loved her to pieces
- Nicknames for Edita
- Meanings and history of the name Edita
- Famous real-life people named Edita
Edita Vilkeviciute, a Lithuanian model.
- Edita in song, story & screen