Edytha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edith:
Derived from the Old English Ēadgyđ, Eadgyth, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune) and gyđ, gyth (war, strife): hence, "prosperous in war."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Edytha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edytha
- Comments and insights on the name Edytha
A respelling of Edyta
- Personal experiences with the name Edytha
- Nicknames for Edytha
- Meanings and history of the name Edytha
A variation of Edith.
- Famous real-life people named Edytha
- Edytha in song, story & screen