Eilish Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elizabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eilish? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eilish
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eilish
- Comments and insights on the name Eilish
Eilish is pronounced AY-lish.In many travels to Ireland it is also pronounced I-lish as in Eilieen or I-leesh. Regional accents vary.
- Personal experiences with the name Eilish
My name is Eilish and I find that it is a very well received name, I get compliments on it from most people I meet.
- Nicknames for Eilish
- Meanings and history of the name Eilish
Irish Gaelic form of Elizabeth, traditionally spelled Eilís.
- Famous real-life people named Eilish
- Eilish in song, story & screen