Eireann Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Erin:
Derived from the Gaelic Érinn, the dative case of Érie, which is the Irish name for Ireland. Though Erin is popular in England and the U.S., it is not normally bestowed as a given name in Ireland.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eireann? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eireann
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eireann
- Comments and insights on the name Eireann
The modern Irish Éire evolved from the Old Irish word Ériu, which was the name of a Gaelic goddess. Ériu is often interpreted as the modern day personification of Ireland.
- Personal experiences with the name Eireann
- Nicknames for Eireann
- Meanings and history of the name Eireann
From the Irish word Éire, meaning the Island of Ireland.
Erin is the anglicized form of Eireann.
- Famous real-life people named Eireann
- Eireann in song, story & screen