Elinore Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elinor:
Derived from Alienor, a Provençal form of the Greek Helenē, which is from the root ēlē (light, torch, bright). Var: Eleanor, Elenora, Elianora, Elinore. Short: Elli, Nora.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elinore? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elinore
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elinore
- Comments and insights on the name Elinore
- Personal experiences with the name Elinore
- Nicknames for Elinore
- Meanings and history of the name Elinore
- Famous real-life people named Elinore
- Elinore in song, story & screen