Elisabelle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elisabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba` (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of John the Baptist. Var: Elisabeth. Short: Beth, Elisa, Elise, Eliza, Lisa, Lisabeth, Liz, Liza, Lizabeth. Pet: Betsy, Betty, Ellie, Elsie, Lizzie, Lizzy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elisabelle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elisabelle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elisabelle
- Comments and insights on the name Elisabelle
I like this though would never use it for a child.
This is a combination of the names Elisa and Belle.
- Personal experiences with the name Elisabelle
- Nicknames for Elisabelle
- Meanings and history of the name Elisabelle
Elisa means God is My Oath, and Belle means Beautiful.
- Famous real-life people named Elisabelle
- Elisabelle in song, story & screen