Elisabet Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elisabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba` (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of John the Baptist. Var: Elisabeth. Short: Beth, Elisa, Elise, Eliza, Lisa, Lisabeth, Liz, Liza, Lizabeth. Pet: Betsy, Betty, Ellie, Elsie, Lizzie, Lizzy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elisabet? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elisabet
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elisabet
- Comments and insights on the name Elisabet
Elisabet is the Scandinavian version of Elizabeth - I love this variation.
I want to know- how do you pronounce it? I would prob love it if I knew!
- Personal experiences with the name Elisabet
- Nicknames for Elisabet
- Meanings and history of the name Elisabet
- Famous real-life people named Elisabet
- Elisabet in song, story & screen