Elisheba Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elisabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba` (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of John the Baptist. Var: Elisabeth. Short: Beth, Elisa, Elise, Eliza, Lisa, Lisabeth, Liz, Liza, Lizabeth. Pet: Betsy, Betty, Ellie, Elsie, Lizzie, Lizzy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elisheba? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elisheba
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elisheba
- Comments and insights on the name Elisheba
- Personal experiences with the name Elisheba
- Nicknames for Elisheba
- Meanings and history of the name Elisheba
In the Old Testament, Elisheba (or Elisheva) is the wife of Aaron. This is the original Hebrew name that Elisabeth and Isabel were derived from. Hebrew meaning is "God is my oath."
Pronounced: i-LISH-eh-bah or ee-LISH-eh-bah
- Famous real-life people named Elisheba
- Elisheba in song, story & screen