Eliska Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eliska? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eliska
- Czech Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Czech Republic 2014
- Czech Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Czech Republic, 2010
- Czech Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Czech Republic 2012
- Czech Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Czech Republic
- Slovak Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Slovakia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eliska
- Comments and insights on the name Eliska
Pronounced /el-ISH-ka/. You can hear it said on Forvo: http://www.forvo.com/word/eliška/ .
- Personal experiences with the name Eliska
- Nicknames for Eliska
Isha, Ishka, Ishki
- Meanings and history of the name Eliska
Eliška is a Czech diminutive of Alžběta (Elizabeth). Elizabeth is from Ελισαβετ (Elisabet), the Greek form of the Hebrew name אֱלִישֶׁבַע (Elisheva) meaning; "God's promise," "oath of God," or "I am God’s daughter."
- Famous real-life people named Eliska
Eliška Junkova: The greatest female driver in motor racing history, and the most famous Czech driver to tackle the Grand Prix circuit of Europe. She was known as "The Queen Of The Steering Wheel" and the "Jazz Age Belle." She was a visionary, a linguist, a dreamer, a brave woman who was nicknamed "smisek" for her "ever-present smile."
Eliška Kleinová: Was a Czech Jewish pianist, music educator, and was the sister of Gideon Klein.
Eliška Bučková: Is a pageant titleholder from the Czech Republic who won the title of Czech Miss 2008 as a 19-year-old. Eliška represented the Czech Republic at the Miss Universe 2008 pageant in Nha Trang, Vietnam on July 14, 2008 where Eliska placed as one of semi-finalists in the Top 15 and finished in 11th place.
Eliška Žigová: Consulate General of the Czech Republic in New York.
- Eliska in song, story & screen