Elizaveta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elizabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elizaveta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elizaveta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elizaveta
- Comments and insights on the name Elizaveta
form of Elizabeth used in Russian and Ukrainian
- Personal experiences with the name Elizaveta
A lovely woman! Very strong and brutish if you mess with her, but beautiful all the while.
- Nicknames for Elizaveta
Eliza, Liz, Lizzie,
- Meanings and history of the name Elizaveta
- Famous real-life people named Elizaveta
- Elizaveta in song, story & screen
Elizaveta Héderváry, the personification of Hungary in Hetalia: Axis Powers