Ellenie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eleni:
A pet form of the Greek Ellena, an elaboration of the English Ellen, a variant of Helen, which is a cognate of the Greek Helenē (light, torch, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ellenie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ellenie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ellenie
- Comments and insights on the name Ellenie
Similar to Eleni, but pronounced ELL-en-ee.
- Personal experiences with the name Ellenie
- Nicknames for Ellenie
- Meanings and history of the name Ellenie
Ellenie is greek for Helen. In Greek mythology, Helen was thought of as the most beautiful woman in the world. Her abduction by Paris brought upon the Trojan War.
- Famous real-life people named Ellenie
Ellenie Galestian, singer and actress
Ellenie Salvo Gonzalez, actress
- Ellenie in song, story & screen