Ellisa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elizabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ellisa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ellisa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ellisa
- Comments and insights on the name Ellisa
Everyone pronounces it wrong.
- Personal experiences with the name Ellisa
"Good." - Ellisa
- Nicknames for Ellisa
- Meanings and history of the name Ellisa
It was a misspelling made in 1963.
- Famous real-life people named Ellisa
- Ellisa in song, story & screen