Elspet Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elizabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by a kinswoman of the Virgin Mary and mother of John the Baptist.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elspet? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elspet
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elspet
- Comments and insights on the name Elspet
Elspet is a rarer form of Elspeth which in itself is an old scots form of Elizabeth.
- Personal experiences with the name Elspet
- Nicknames for Elspet
- Meanings and history of the name Elspet
- Famous real-life people named Elspet
- Elspet in song, story & screen