Elynor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eleanor:
Derived from Alienor, a Provençal form of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the element ēlē (light, torch, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elynor? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elynor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elynor
- Comments and insights on the name Elynor
This is a creative respelling of the popular Eleanor. The contemporary use of the 'y' lends the name a slightly more modern feel.
- Personal experiences with the name Elynor
- Nicknames for Elynor
El, Ely, Elyn, Nora
- Meanings and history of the name Elynor
- Famous real-life people named Elynor
- Elynor in song, story & screen